Whether you have dry, combined or oily skin has a big impact on your care ritual! That’s why our Beauty Advisor Julie tells you which skin type you have and how you best care for them.
In our beauty section, one of our Beauty Advisors from the store answers a frequently asked reader question. This time Beauty Advisor Julie will help you – once and for all – find your skin type!
5 different skin types: find your type
Beauty Advisor Julie: “There are 5 main skin types: dry skin, oily skin, sensitive skin, combined skin and normal skin. Only when you know what skin type you have can you take good care of your skin with the right care products. But how do you determine which skin type you have? Get advice from our handy Skin Advisor and read all the tips for each skin type below. Are you still having second thoughts? Then visit your ICI PARIS XL store, where the Beauty Advisors are ready for you with tailor-made advice!”
Do I have dry skin?
“Does your skin feel rough earlier, do you have a ‘triggery’ feeling by noon and do you occasionally suffer from skin flakes or loose skins? Then you might have dry skin. This skin type is sometimes also accompanied by red spots and itching. The best news: with dry skin, you will rarely suffer from pimples! What is a little less fun is that dry skin shows wrinkles and fine lines faster.”
Here’s how to take care of dry skin:
- Clean your skin every morning and evening with a mild cleanser like Waso Quick Gentle Cleanser from Shiseido. After all, too aggressive cleaning products can damage your dry skin.
- Go for an extra nourishing day cream that keeps your skin supple all day long. Comforting Face Balm by Nature by ICI PARIS XL has a smooth texture that nourishes your skin intensely. With more than 98% of ingredients of natural origin!
- Put a moisturizing face mist like Brume de la Mer The Mist from La Mer in your handbag: you can spray it over your face during the day as an instant hydration boost.
Do I have oily skin?
“If your skin starts to shine quickly and pimples quickly arise, your skin type is probably fat. The sebaceous glands in your skin are then overactive, causing you to produce too much oil. And that can result in clogged pores and acne. A nice advantage of oily skin? You are less likely to get wrinkles and fine lines!”
Here’s how to take care of oily skin:
- Choose a thorough cleanser like Purifying Cream Cleanser from La Prairie that cleanses your skin in-depth and removes all excess oil from your face.
- Once a week, a purifying mask helps keep your skin clean. Fine product: Sisley’s Deeply Purifying Mask absorbs excess sebum, removes impurities and mattifies the skin without drying out hair.
- An oil-free moisturizer keeps your skin hydrated without leaving her fat. Try: Revitalizing Supreme Light+ by Estée Lauder that makes pores less visible and makes your skin look younger.
Do I have sensitive skin?
“Those who have a lot of redness in the face and skin that quickly becomes irritated by heat, cold and stress, has sensitive skin. Many care products are too aggressive for your delicate skin, so choose as many hypoallergenic products as possible with natural ingredients.”
Here’s how to take care of sensitive skin:
- A hypoallergenic day cream such as Life Plankton Sensitive Balm from Biotherm relieves even the most sensitive skin and nourishes the deepest layers of skin.
- Go for a very mild cleanser to cleanse your sensitive skin in all softness in the morning and evening. Sisley’s creamy Lyslait Cleansing Milk with White Lily gives your skin a direct sense of comfort and well-being.
- An SOS care product like Skin Beauty Repair SOS Treatment from Clarins soothes irritations and redness that suddenly appear.
Do I have combined skin?
“Is your skin more likely to be fat on the T-zone (your forehead, nose and chin) but drier on the rest of your face like your cheeks? You, like many women, have combined skin. Those different parts of your skin need different care: your fat zone needs cleansing products, your dry zone of hydrating heroes.”
Here’s how to take care of the combined skin:
- Use a custom day cream such as Smart Custom-Repair Moisturizer Combined to Oily Skin SPF 15 from Clinique that protects your skin from harmful UV rays, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Do ‘multitasking’: use a purifying mask-like Silky Purifying Silk Peeling Mask from Sensai on your T-zone and a moisturizing mask like Express Flower Gel Mask from Sisley on the rest of your face.
- Your T-zone soon starts to shine. Therefore, put the Pure Blotting Papers from ICI PARIS XL in your handbag: this matting paper removes excess sebum from your face during the day and gives you a matte finish.
Oil control! With these 6 tips, you can keep shine under control and mattify your complexion.
Do I have normal skin?
“Doesn’t your skin feel dry, greasy, triggery or irritated? Lucky you: you have normal skin! You don’t need to use specialized products to address problem zones. Avoid over-purifying and over-hydrating products and focus more on preventing wrinkles, fine lines and negative effects of the environment.”
Here’s how to take care of normal skin:
- Cleanse your skin every morning and evening with a mild cleanser. Our tip: Abeille Royale Cleansing Oil Anti-Pollution from Guerlain removes grease, dirt, makeup and pollutant particles from your face.
- Good hydration is the key to beautiful skin. Lancôme’s Hydra Zen Anti-Stress Moisturizing Cream protects your skin from stress, keeping your normal skin in a fresh and smooth look.
- Laying a face mask every week, such as the Care Leveling and Lifting Tissue Mask from ICI PARIS XL, gives your skin a fine dose of extra energy.