It’s not that facial care attracts more and more men, but they are more often interested in specific products, such as moisturizers. You might not even know what they were for and look at you now, looking for information. Not for nothing, these lotions are essential to show off your best face every day.
Moisturizing creams are ideal for men who have fairly dry face skin. However, they are also suitable for mixed and even oily skin. Whatever your case, they are beauty products that can not be missing in your daily routine to keep your skin hydrated. We have prepared this purchase guide.
What Exactly are Moisturizers?
To find out what a moisturizer is, the first thing is to point out the importance of water in our skin, both on the face and the rest of the body. Your greater or lesser presence will determine how hydrated you are. Hydration, then, is linked to the water level existing in the skin.
In this respect, moisturizing creams play a major role.
These are products responsible for creating a barrier of protection on the skin to prevent water present in skin tissues from evaporated. Thanks to moisturizing creams, the skin maintains moisture, so that it stays hydrated for longer. These lotions also protect the skin from other harmful external agents.
The Most Important Thing
- Moisturizing creams fulfil an essential mission in the hydration of our skin. They prevent water from evaporating so that cells are always kept moist.
- Regardless of your skin type, they are facial care products that you need yes or yes. Even oily skin requires its hydration dose to keep sebum production at bay.
- When choosing a moisturizer, consider factors such as its formulation, your age or the additional benefits of the product.
Buying Guide For Moisturizer:
With some concepts much more precise than before, it’s time to move on to see the aspects you should consider when purchasing a moisturizer. We’ve reduced them to four so that the search for the best model isn’t so complicated. Below, we explain these criteria in great detail.
- Skin type
A moisturizer will be of quality to the extent that its ingredients are also quality. It’s that simple. Moisturizing properties are attributed to a myriad of components, such as hyaluronic acid, jojoba oil, shea butter, vaseline or beeswax, among many others.
Another common component of these creams is glycerin, while it is also advisable to choose a vitamin-rich cream, such as E, as it prevents aging. Some users prefer to bet on products made only with natural and chemical-free ingredients. As always, you have the last decision.
It’s as important to moisturize our skin as watering it. Do you know the difference?
Depending on your years, your skin will need a moisturizer with a different formulation. With age, it is common for your face to have more significant dryness, as the glands responsible for producing oil and, therefore, moisturizing the skin, are in a drooping layer. That’s why we recommend betting on an oil-based cream.
If you’ve clearly crossed the youth barrier, you may be interested in a moisturizer that includes collagen and antioxidants among its components. These will help you fight the dreaded wrinkles. If you’re still young and away from middle age, focus on those lotions focused on revitalizing your face.
Another indispensable filter is related to skin type. As you know, this can be classified into four types: oily, dry, normal and mixed skin. Each has differentiated needs (of course, also wetting). The moisturizer you choose should be able to meet those requirements.
- Piel seca. Las pieles muy secas necesitan humectación como agua de mayo. Lo ideal es escoger cremas humectantes a base de aceites y que, especialmente, contengan vaselina (o petrolato, su nombre técnico).
- Piel grasa. Aunque parezca lo contrario, las pieles grasas también piden a gritos ser humectadas. Eso sí, en este caso, desecha las cremas humectantes que incluyan aceites y, en su lugar, verifica que cuenten con antioxidantes, aloe vera y otros componentes que mantengan a raya los brillos y la grasa.
- Piel normal. Para las pieles normales, puedes optar por soluciones humectantes con ingredientes naturales, como el aceite de coco, jojoba o almendra.
- Piel mixta. Las pieles mixtas tienen áreas grasas que conviene controlar. Para ello, elige cremas que aporten humectación a través de vitaminas, extractos vegetales e ingredientes con propiedades astringentes.
Finally, you can assess the fact that, in addition to moisturizing, the cream in question offers other added benefits. For example, some models incorporate sun protection factor and even prevent wrinkles from appearing and slow skin aging. What’s more, you may be interested in creams that moisturize and moisturize your skin at the same time.
10 Best Moisturizer in India 2023
From time to time, moisturizers are getting a more than deserved hole in the field of face products. Its mission is essential because they prevent the water of the face from evaporating, keeping it more time hydrated. Here are our favourite men’s moisturizers. Notes!
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizing Gel Cream, 50 ml
In a 50 ml format, this Neutrogena moisturizer is all you need to give your face an extra dose of hydration and nutrients.
Its gel texture facilitates its application and refreshes the skin. It is ideal for drier skin. Hyaluronic Gel Matrix technology creates a water reserve in the epidermis to maintain hydration 24 hours a day.
NIVEA MEN Active Energy Revitalizing Facial Moisturizing Gel
If you want to moisturize your skin and at the same time take off a few years, this Nivea Men cream is what you need. This anti-aging lotion revitalizes facial skin and eliminates signs of tiredness of the face.
It provides intense hydration in the skin, making you look more rejuvenated. It enjoys a light texture and nothing oily that is absorbed immediately and provides a huge freshness.
Eye Cream Anti-wrinkle Moisturizing Cream
It is a moisturizing eye cream that soothes, moisturizes and protects the skin around them. Likewise, it helps to minimize both dark circles and to swell thanks to its formula composed of organic fibres such as elastin or collagen.
Easy to absorb, it fights wrinkles. Also, it is a hypoallergenic and unisex cream. It can be used both day and night.
Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
The main components of this moisturizer, such as coenzyme Q10 and creatine, are naturally present in the skin, so they manage to effectively decrease (and from within) wrinkles, sebum production, and external damage agents. Top!
Mcaffeine Uplift Trance Caffeine Face Moisturizing Day Cream
It is a cream-gel based on water and hyaluronic acid, designed to make its absorption and hydration faster than a denser cream. Its constant use will make the skin look smoother, silky and moisturized, reasons why it is one of the favourite products of celebs.
Lotus Herbals Wheatnourish Wheatgerm Oil and Honey Nourishment Massage Cream
Sensitive, regular or mixed skin? This moisturizer is for you! Its thermal water spray and Sebo absorbent capsules soothe nuance and comfort the upper layers of the complexion so that, in the end, your face is wrapped by a soft veil of hydration and balance.
Cetaphil Dam Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion
It contains coffee beans, ginger and ginseng to revitalize and give healthy luminosity to the complexion. On the other hand, it is a recommended moisturizer for all skin types, especially for the darkest and driest.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream
It moisturizes throughout the day, is fast absorbed and strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier to keep it juicy. Also, it is approved by dermatologists and contains no fragrances. It’s a must!
Plum E Luminence Deep Moisturizing Cream
Among its main benefits are deep nutrition, hydration for up to 24 hours and the fight against premature aging signs. Another of its successes is the soft and light texture that comforts mixed and dry skin.
SebaMed Moisturising Cream
Treats dryness, wrinkles, and lines caused by everyday stress (and age). How do you do that? Thanks to its infusion of African oils, ceramides and a sodium hyaluronate polymer, which has a lower weight than hyaluronic acid to boost moisturizing effects.
Shopping guide: What you need to know about moisturizers
Until a few years ago, moisturizers seemed to be all we needed to look like a soft, young face. However, moisturizing creams, as necessary as the former, have entered the scene. If you still have some doubts about its mission and benefits, you may want to take a look at this section, where we solve them for you.
Depending on your years, your skin will need a moisturizer with a different formulation.
What are the differences between moisturizers and moisturizers?
- Moisturizers have always been the owners and ladies in skincare. The reality is that it requires both being hydrated and being moisturized. Let’s see what the differences are between moisturizing and moisturizing lotions. We anticipate that some do not replace each other and that it is best to combine them—moisturizing creams. Moisturizers usually consist of ingredients such as salts, vitamins or minerals, and act by penetrating cells. They return to the skin the water loss, deeply repairing the tissues. The result is more flexible and elastic skin.
- Moisturizing creams. The task of moisturizing creams is not to add water to the skin, as moisturizers do. Its mission is, therefore, to retain moisture from the skin.
How do I know if I need a moisturizer or, on the contrary, a moisturizer?
- After seeing the differences between hydrating and moisturizing, the conclusion we reach is that they are not exclusionary actions, and both are important. However, sometimes it happens that our skin is screaming for one cream or another. For example, sure signs may indicate the immediate need for a moisturizing lotion or a moisturizer. These are: If your face has excessive dryness (and you don’t forget one day to apply moisturizer), it means it’s not retaining water well. So, you most likely need moisturization.
- If you notice your face dehydrated by external factors, such as drinking little water, drinking too much coffee or even abusing tobacco, then what you need is a moisturizer.
What are the benefits of moisturizing creams to the skin?
When we reach adulthood, it is possible to lose up to 10% of water than the one we had when we were young. This means that it needs to be replenished if we don’t want our face to be cracked and doesn’t look right. Moisturizing creams are responsible for maintaining their moisture, avoiding inconveniences such as itching, flaking or redness.
What kind of moisturizers are on the market?
Broadly speaking, we can talk about two types of moisturizing creams. On the one hand, there are those with emollients and, on the other hand, moisturizing creams with ceramides. Knowing each typology’s characteristics and specifications will help you understand which one you should apply to your face depending on your needs.
Moisturizing cream with emollient, moisturizing cream with ceramides
It is indicated to treat extreme dryness. It is suitable for standard or mixed skin.
Emollients inject nutrients into the skin. A good example is shea butter. Ceramides are found on the skin, but sometimes they must be spared.
Skin becomes softer and healthier. The skin regains its luminosity.
How and when are moisturizers applied?
How you apply a cream will depend on the benefits you get on your skin. This means that not only is it important to bet on quality, but you know how and when to use it. Many beauty professionals recommend combining moisturizers with moisturizers. It is advisable to apply the moisturizer during the day to keep the look 100% protected with a clean face. At night, it will be the turn of the moisturizer. In both cases, the application mode is the same. To be fully absorbed, spread it over the face in circular motions.
Still, wondering how to make your skin look healthy?
At what age should I start using a moisturizer?
Previously, we commented that our skin is losing more and more water as we left youth behind. For this reason, prevention should be prevented without a cure. Then, it may be a good idea to start, including moisturizing creams in your care routine from the age of 25. Thus, you will be able to alleviate the effects of reaching adulthood.
Every skin is a world, but they all require moisture. As we have seen above, the water makes the skin of the face look healthier, less irritated, and much softer. And it is as important to moisturize our face as to prevent the water already in it from evaporating.
Moisturizing creams, then, create a kind of protective barrier around our skin. This is a much-needed function that we may not value until we see the consequences of dehydrated skin. It’s time for moisturizers to be part of your facial care routine! I’m sure you have room for one more product.
If you liked this shopping guide, you could leave us a comment below. You can also share it on your social networks.