In Islam, a Muslim woman must wear a hijab or clothing that covers all her nakedness. So, the hijab or hijab is not just covering the head it is also Sunnat. if you are going to buy hijab online in India then you can consider hijabo.in.
If you look at it, women’s nakedness is more than that of men. The male is only from the navel to the knee, while the female is all over the body, except the face and palms in some scholars’ opinion. Because the woman’s nakedness is all over the body except the face and palms, women must wear a hijab. Indeed, the hijab or hijab is actually still under debate. Some say cover head to chest. Others argue the cover is all over the body, from head to toe. Meanwhile, the command to wear the hijab is based on the word of Allah, surah Al-Ahzab verse 59 “O Prophet! Ask your wives, daughters, and believing women to draw their cloaks over their bodies. In this way, it is more likely that they will be recognized ˹as virtuous˺ and not be harassed. And Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
In Arabic: “يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّبِىُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَٰجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَآءِ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَـٰبِيبِهِنَّ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰٓ أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ ۗ وَكَانَ ٱللَّهُ غَفُورًۭا رَّحِيمًۭا”
Thus, they are more easily known, and they will not be disturbed. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” (QS: al-Ahdab verse 59) To know more details the meaning of this verse it is necessary to use the help of as babul nuzul or trace the background of the revelation of the verse.
Most commentators explain this verse down, at a time when social situations are insecure and friendly to women. In Medina, there were still many wicked people who liked to disturb women, especially at night. Meanwhile, the habit of women at that time went out in the middle of the night.
This is understandable because the place of exhalation in the time of the Prophet was far from home. In order not to be seen by people, they in the middle of the night. Usually, free women (hurrah) go with slave girls (amah). And when they went to, a group of people liked to disturb the slave girls. Because there is no clear difference between slaves and free women at night, even free women can not avoid men’s distraction with striped noses.
To be safe and not disturbed, Allah told the believers to wear the hijab to look different from the slave girls. Shaykh Ali al-Shabuni in Rawai’ul Bayan said that female slaves were not ordered to wear hijabs because they could incriminate them. As is known, slaves are charged with employment by their employers, often leaving the house for work, making it difficult that they are also required to wear a headscarf.
This is different from free women who at that time, rarely left the house except for certain needs. In those days, those responsible for household life were men, so women were more at home.
Thus, the command to wear the hijab is seen from the as babul nuzul intended to protect women from male disturbances, and at the same time to be the difference between free women and slave girls.
The Reasons why Islam Requires its women to wear the hijab?
Here are a few reasons: Hijab is useful to glorify women who wear the hijab, will be more honoured than those who are not wearing.
- The beauty of a woman’s body shown to men other than her husband will not increase the honour of a woman, but will only be the imaginary material of men who are not entitled to such beauty and women’s talk.
- Hijabs keep women from sexual harassment and rape, usually stemming from women’s opportunities to men who humanely have more desire to see women’s beauty open.
- Hijab can be for the health of the hijab is also very useful for the health of the woman’s body.
- The hijab can protect a woman’s skin from sunlight radiation that can trigger skin cancer. Women who always wear a headscarf will be more protected from direct sunlight.
- Hijab for fashion and beauty, Also, the hijab has many benefits for the beauty of women.
- Women who always wear a headscarf, their skin will look whiter than not wearing. Her hair will also be more protected from sunlight which can damage the hair.
Are you still hesitant to wear a hijab?
Do not be afraid not to be able to mate, because wearing a hijab. Conversely, if you wear a hijab, your soul mate will be much more qualified than if you did not wear it.
Nida: Online Hijab Store